Friday, July 5, 2013

Retirement - the last day!

This is my last day at Progressive. I will only be at work for a few hours - clean out my desk and an exit interview.  It's a very anti-climatic end to a 29 year career with the same company.  Who would have thought I would have ended up a company man in corporate America?  Not I, 29 years ago.  It's like pulling my finger out of the ocean - my departure will not even cause a ripple.  It's both humbling and liberating.  I am excited about the change.  Most people wonder what they will do in retirement.  I don't have that problem.  I will be entering a new life, a new culture and new career teaching English in Morocco.  I don't feel like my life is winding down but revving up.  How fortunate  I am to have met Doris and to experience the wonderful life that we have together - it is a great adventure.  Oh well, off to work one last time.

1 comment:

  1. Your friends and family have been saying goodbye to you this week meanwhile the rain has been falling - no POURING - from Atlanta to Tallahassee to Bradenton to Ft Myers. . . coincidence?
    I think not!!!
    Feeling the ripples and wishing you both all the best!
    xoxo
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete