Monday, July 8, 2013

Last night in USA.

Last night in USA.  We fly to Germany today.  I will miss my friends and family but I ready to leave.  I'm ready to start a new life with Doris in Morocco. 62 is a great age for a new challenge.  I want to thank my family and friends for all their support and encouragement - I am beyond fortunate to have you in my life.  You are always welcome to visit us in Morocco.  Doris and I are exhausted by all the preparation for this move. We are both looking forward to relaxing with family and friends in Germany before the final move to Morocco.  We will spend a few days in Kronberg with Elfriede, Doris' mother, and Friday we will take the train to Bad Hofgastein for a few weeks in the Austrian alps.  Doris' family has a small vacation apartment there with an incredible view of the river and moutains from the balcony.  We plan to hike, hang out at the spa (natural thermal springs and sauna) and just relax.  Then back to Frankfurt for the wedding of Moni, Doris' sister, and Hubie and Moni's 60th birthday bash.  After that it is a road trip with Elfriede to Berlin and the lake country of East Germany.  Berlin is always fun and I have never been to the lake district before.  My sister,  Theresa, and my great niece, Ally, will see us off at the airport today.  This all still seems a little bit like  dream.  I don't think the reality of the move will hit me until we arrive in Morocco.  Since I have never been to Morocco, I don't know what to expect.  I'm excited about the great adventure but I'm looking forward to actually experiencing the reality of our life in Morocco - it will be a challenging and transforming experience.
Thanks Doris for our new life.  It keeps getting better and better.  I'm so lucky!! What a great life we have together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment